Saturday 3 January 2015

2014 Wrapped Up

Following on from last years post, here's my year wrapped up in a neat little blog post.

January
The first week of January we celebrated our official first birthday. Now we are officially 2 years old. How exciting! Bear also celebrated his 3rd birthday!


February
Our website had a little makeover, we recovered from the January blues and started to prepare for the next step in my career journey.


March
Went to Crufts for the first time, quit my part time job at the grooming salon and left for London for 5 weeks to undertake my grooming training and take my exams.


April
I finished my training, passed my exams and started work on The Parlour.


May
The first two weeks of May were consumed with getting The Parlour read to o
pen and we finally opened the doors on May 13th.
Just 2 weeks later I had a family emergency and had to close and fly to Ireland for a few weeks.


June
This was a tough month. We returned from Ireland and got stuck back in to getting my business up and running again.


July
After just two weeks of being open again after our family emergency, we had a huge fire at our property and had to close business again until the investigation was over.
I also had my stall at Maidenhead Festival for the second year running and my friends visited from Ireland.


August
In August Bambi and Bear competed at Littlewick Show and came home with lots of prizes and rosettes. We also spent a lot of the time clearing the remains of the fire and attempting to get back to normal. August was also the month we announced our plans to hold Maidenehads first doggie event in 2015.


September
Bambi celebrated her 6th birthday.
Back to business as usual
We also celebrated Puppy Awareness Week.


October
We celebrated Halloween, welcomed lots of new clients and entered an international grooming competition which we placed 4th in!


November
November was spent welcoming lots of new grooming clients and introducing some new services to the parlour. We were fully booked for grooming and dog sitting appointments and went to Discover Dogs in London and had a lovely time.


December
December was such a busy month for grooming appointments and we even got to go to the most famous house in the country! Had a lovely Christmas with family and a well deserved rest!

***

2014 was a roller coaster for me. It featured such highs like passing my exams and opening the parlour and also some real lows that took quite some time to get over.

Hopefully 2015 will come with more peaks than pits and I'll be back next week with my New Years resolutions and annual inspirational vision board.

I hope 2015 brings you lots of love, health, happiness and prosperity.

Happy New Year!!
Hayley x



No comments:

Post a Comment