Tuesday 26 February 2013

Back to Work: Recovered from THE LURGY

Hi everyone,

Just a really quick note from me to say sorry for not being around for the last 3 weeks or so.

I was very ill as I contracted viral meningitis and some other nasties afterwards due to complications from the illness. I'm recovered now, although still feeling very tired and not 100%, but I'm back to work.

Bambi and Bear were very good and gave me lots of snuggles to make me feel a bit better.

I know things have taken a bit longer to launch than I would have liked, (Poodles and Pompadours was originally meant to launch in December!) this is for many reasons but mainly due to a big problem with one of my previous ceramic suppliers that I had secured, illness, over-ambitiousness and sometimes just me dropping the ball and not doing as much work as I should have been doing over the Christmas period.

I'm going to be making a much more conscious effort over the next few weeks to make sure the online shop is launched as soon as possible.

I've made the decision to launch one product range at a time, rather than trying to do it all at once, as this has been what has been holding me back. The first products to be launched will be my hand-painted pet bowls and treat jars.

I've also learned that being a perfectionist is sometimes not a good thing. I've been putting of launching until I had every aspect of the shop completely perfect, but I've learnt that this isn't really realistic, and I just need to bite the bullet and press the "publish" button on my website.

I'll be setting up my Etsy and Folksy shops first and adding the pet bowls and treat jars there, and then adding them to the website afterwards, so keep an eye out for the links.

I look forward to showing you a preview of some of the designs later on this week, but for now, it's back to work for me. I've got 3 weeks of emails and admin to catch up on!

 

Love,

Hayley xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment